TriMet Maintenance Brothers & Sisters:
We had our second maintenance focused mediation session with TriMet today, and we regrettably inform you that your employer:
1. Believes that there should be NO training program for bus and facilities;
2. Wants to contract out ALL new electric bus work;
3. Is not offering ANY apprenticeship opportunity to current service workers;
4. Continues to propose doing away with ALL state or Union training oversight;
5. Wants to do away with Assistant Supervisor positions;
6. AND wants to strike out ANY mention of Journeyworkers in the contract.
What can you do?
- Please join us in providing your testimony to the TriMet Board by noon on September 22, 2020 to: BoardTestimony@trimet.org
- Sign up for public comment by going to https://trimet.org/meetings/board/ on September 23, 2020 starting at 8:30am.
- Call Doug Kelsey at (503) 962-4831 and Kim Sewell at (503) 962-5656 and let them know what you think!
ATU 757 Leadership