UPDATE ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20TH (2:27pm):
Packets were mailed last Thursday and Friday to all eligible voters at TriMet concerning the ratification vote on the Tentative Agreement. Those packets include a copy of the Tentative Agreement, an overview of its major provisions, a postage paid envelope to return your ballot, a signed statement from your Wage Committee, and your ballot itself.
We want to share a quick note about those ballots: they’re a little bit on the small side, but they ARE included in every envelope. They’re about the size of a Post-It note, and may be sandwiched between other papers.
Sisters and brothers, here’s more detailed information about the ratification vote on the Tentative Agreement with TriMet, which you can review on our website: https://www.atu757.org/trimet-tentative-agreement/
- We will be conducting this vote by mail, which we believe will give everyone the greatest opportunity to review the tentative agreement, ask questions, and cast their vote.
- By this Friday, November 17th, we will mail out packets to all eligible voters containing the tentative agreement, an overview of major changes, your official ballot, and a postage-paid envelope to return your ballot.
- Ballots must be received at the Union Hall by Tuesday, November 28th at 10:00am to be counted.
- Members may vote by mail by returning their ballots in the envelope provided, OR may return ballots in person at the Union Hall (1801 NE Couch St, Portland).
- Transportation, Maintenance, and Salaried divisions vote separately using ballots of different colors; Transportation’s ballots will be PINK, Maintenance’s ballots will be GREEN, and Salaried’s ballots will be BLUE.
- To approve the contract proposal, a majority of members casting ballots in each of those groups must vote to ratify.
- Next Monday, November 20th, from 6:00am to 8:00pm, members can come to the Oregon AFL-CIO office (3645 SE 32nd Ave., Portland) to review the tentative agreement and ask any questions you might have before casting your ballot. We encourage ALL voters to join us at this informational session – it’s the best opportunity you have to ask questions and check in with your sisters and brothers.
- The tentative agreement will remain up on our website for your review (please see the link in the first sentence, above), and we will post the full informational packet that goes out by mail on the ATU 757 website.
- To ensure that all members receive copies of these documents, they will be available at the Union Hall at any time during the voting period, and you can pick up a copy at Monday’s information session. If none of those options work for you, please contact your local officers or the Union Hall for help getting a copy of the agreement.
If you have any questions about the voting process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.