Labor Day 2021
- We’re proud to welcome U.S. Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley and Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici as well as a panel of incredible workers to the 2021 #OregonLabor Virtual Labor Day Event: Sign up here & watch live at noon on Labor Day:
COVID-19 in Oregon
- Our state is at a crisis point in the pandemic. We need to #StandTogetherToBeatTheVirus and that means getting vaccinated as soon as possible if you have not done so already. Learn more at www.oraflcio.org/vaccineinfo
- “I’ve been an ICU nurse for 10 years. I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s really terrible seeing these patients who can’t breathe. That is a very difficult thing to watch. It’s really terrifying for them, and it’s really difficult for us to see day in and day out.” Please support nurses and frontline medical workers by getting vaccinated. #StandTogetherToBeatTheVirus
- This is why it’s critical to get vaccinated right now if you have not already done so.
- “Nearly 500 kids in Oregon between the ages of 0 and 5 years old tested positive for COVID-19 during the week of August 15, according to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).”
- Striking BCTGM Local 364 workers need your solidarity and support on the picket line. Sign up today and help them win a fair contract with Nabisco:https://actionnetwork.org/forms/bctgm-pdx
- BCTGM International Secretary Treasurer David Woods joined the Portland picket line this weekend to fire up workers and to provide support and solidarity.
- When we say #NoContractNoSnacks, we mean all of these:
- The staff at Kaiser Permanente are fighting for fair wages and benefits and safe staffing. Take action today for a fair contract and solutions to staffing levels that allow healthcare professionals the resources necessary to help save lives. #1u #UnionStrong
- The time is now to rebuild our nation’s infrastructure. The $1 trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework is a robust investment that will restore our country and create good jobs. Here’s how it helps Oregon:
- New district lines must fairly reflect all of Oregon and our increasingly diverse and growing population. Public hearings across the state this September are a chance to make sure Oregon’s new districts reflect the diversity of communities of interest in our state. #ORredistricting #ORpol #ORleg #PeoplePower
National News & Politics
- Watch: Pre Labor Day discussion hosted by Secretary Marty Walsh on how American workers can organize for a better future. https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1MnxnlDPgnjGO
- “I have been stereotyped my whole life, and I look forward to defying stereotypes.” National AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler https://www.huffpost.com/entry/liz-shuler-new-afl-cio-president_n_6127c86be4b01d0862ee79ad