Hello Brothers & Sisters,
We want you to know that we are still thinking of you, standing with you, and working with your employers everyday to work towards safer working conditions in this challenging time.
Some things to know:
- • FIRST TRANSIT: Unfortunately, there will be some furloughs at First Transit. We are still working with First Transit, but are happy to report that we were able to get the Company to furlough our members in lieu of layoff, so that their health insurance benefits will continue for at least one month.
- MASKS: We managed to get some CDC patterned, homemade masks. As they come in we will distribute to your property officer. Some have already been distributed, so keep an eye out. The majority of these are coming from IATSE Local 28. They would love for you to take photos in for a little morale boost, as they are all currently laid off. Please send them to us!
- TRIMET: We are continuing to work with TriMet on social distancing and other driver protections. o Announced today that TriMet will limit ridership to 10 to 15 riders. Please see Pass-up Policy.
- We are still working with TriMet to come up with ways to create more distancing for both bus and rail operators. Signs will be going up ASAP on passenger seating.
- TriMet has put in an order to install barriers on all busses.
- COVID LEAVE: It is hard to figure out when you do or do not qualify for these different types of leave. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help! o If you work at TriMet and have questions about COVID leave please email Cedar Rupp at RuppC@trimet.org.
- Anyone with questions can email Kristac@atu757.org or message us on facebook.
- SUPPLIES: All properties are continuing to get sanitizing products and PPE intermittently.
o If you have questions about a specific property or equipment, please send us an email or Facebook message.
- And again, if you see a vehicle or facility that needs attention, please inform your Union rep or dispatch immediately.
Please continue to reach out to your Union Rep with any questions or concerns. We are working hard at getting your questions answered, and taking each of your concerns to your employer. We thank each and every one of you for the hard work you are doing and the sacrifices you are making by keeping our area moving. You’re making our Local and International proud!!